This brass wall-lamp, called the Roy, was one of the first “soft-wire” sconces that I designed. I had started building and selling a handful of “hard-wire” fixtures, and I realized that I was a little jealous of my clients - I made these fixtures all day but I couldn’t use them in my own home (a tiny rental in NYC). I whipped together a plug-in sconce one afternoon and hung it up next to my bed. I absolutely loved the custom look, as well as the extra space it cleared up on my nightstand.
• Made by hand in my NYC studio from solid natural brass. If left untouched the brass will darken and patina with age. Regular polishing will maintain the original hue
• Comes with fabric twist cord and plug, plus all necessary mounting hardware. Cord available in white, black, silver, or tan. Custom cord colors also available - simply select 'custom' cord and mention the color you need in the notes field of the checkout page :)
• Toggle Switch: in-line rocker switch 18" below brass wall-plate. Black and silver cord get black switch. White and sand cord get white switch
• Looks fantastic with a tubular bulb, a frosted G25 (pictured), or an old-school filament bulb. Be creative! 60 watt max incandescent, 12 watt max LED.
• 110 (North American) and 240 (European and Australian) voltage system compatible. Ships with North American plug
• Canopy diameter is 5"
• Fixture measures 7" H x 5" W x 4"D
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
As with life, be gentle. Don't use any harsh chemicals. If left untouched, brass will darken and develop a patina with age. If you feel the need to brighten your brass to it's original hue, you can use a gentle metal polish. I recommend a product called Brasso, which can be found at your local hardware store.
For some more in-depth information, check out my website (roughluckstudio.com) there is a whole super-nerdy blog post about caring for natural brass :)
I work hard to keep the lead-times listed on Etsy as up to date as possible. You can find these at the top of the "shipping and policies" tab. Unless you are otherwise notified, your order will ship within the listed timeline.
If you are in need of a rush order, please send me a message before placing your order :)
YES! Absolutely. Common customizations include changing the cord color, the switch mechanism, or dimensions. Please shoot me a message with any customization requests prior to placing your order.
Well, okay! My fixtures are made form solid brass that is not lacquered. The brass is polished by hand, and then covered in a thin layer of artisanal microcrystalline wax (Theres a $10 word for ya). This leaves the fixture with a deep, matte luster.
Thank you so much for showing me some love! Please blog about my studio - it makes me feel so good!! Buuuut, unfortunately I cannot offer free product in exchange.
Sometimes. Rush production is sometimes available for an additional 20%. If you are interested in having your items expedited, please send me a message before placing an order :)