This spunky wall lamp is named after the Mary Lou character in 'On The Road.' She is described as a “beautiful sharp little chick” and a “golden beauty.” This is a simple design that I’ve worked hard on to get juuuust right. I have always loved eyeball shades, but I hated how hot they get. To combat this I knew to use an LED bulb, and I’ve searched long and hard to find the perfect one. I now include a bulb that gives off a nice warm light, keeps the fixture from getting hot, and is bright enough to read by without waking your partner :)
- Made by hand from solid unlacquered brass. I treat the brass with a microcrystalline wax giving the finish a matte luster. Over time the brass will darken and patina. Also available in matte black or white powder-coat with solid brass accent.
- 340 degree swivel and 90 degree pivot allows you to point your light precisely where it is needed
- Investment cast brass wall flange with brass screws included
- Black fabric twist cord, inline toggle switch, and bakelite plug. Cord measures 96" and inline switch falls about 18" below fixture
- LED Bulb included, keeping the fixture cool to the touch
- Eyeball shade has a 5" diameter, overall projection is 10" at maximum extension
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
As with life, be gentle. Don't use any harsh chemicals. If left untouched, brass will darken and develop a patina with age. If you feel the need to brighten your brass to it's original hue, you can use a gentle metal polish. I recommend a product called Brasso, which can be found at your local hardware store.
For some more in-depth information, check out my website (roughluckstudio.com) there is a whole super-nerdy blog post about caring for natural brass :)
I work hard to keep the lead-times listed on Etsy as up to date as possible. You can find these at the top of the "shipping and policies" tab. Unless you are otherwise notified, your order will ship within the listed timeline.
If you are in need of a rush order, please send me a message before placing your order :)
YES! Absolutely. Common customizations include changing the cord color, the switch mechanism, or dimensions. Please shoot me a message with any customization requests prior to placing your order.
Well, okay! My fixtures are made form solid brass that is not lacquered. The brass is polished by hand, and then covered in a thin layer of artisanal microcrystalline wax (Theres a $10 word for ya). This leaves the fixture with a deep, matte luster.
Thank you so much for showing me some love! Please blog about my studio - it makes me feel so good!! Buuuut, unfortunately I cannot offer free product in exchange.
Sometimes. Rush production is sometimes available for an additional 20%. If you are interested in having your items expedited, please send me a message before placing an order :)