Hand-made to order, the Marylou wall lamp is named after a character from Kerouac's 'On The Road.' She is described as "a sharp golden beauty," and I thought that was fitting :)
About the fixture:
• Hand-crafted from solid brass. For more information about our brass check out the FAQ below
• Also available in powder-coated matte black or satin white. See separate listings in the shop
• Articulating head allows your to point the light exactly where you need it most. Swivel mechanism rotates 360 degrees and pivots 90 degrees
• Select either a flat backplate or a cast brass wall flange. The wall flange is made of investment cast brass and includes solid brass screws. The flat backplate option is a solid-brass 4" backplate that has a blind-mounting system so that you don't see any screws at all
• Antique-replica cloth covered twist cord completes the design. In-line toggle switch is located 18" down the cord. Available in black, white, sand, or silver. See photo 10 for cord color options
• Hard-wired version of Marylou is available for installation into a wall junction box. See separate listing in the shop
• LED 60-watt equivalent bulb included with all domestic orders!
• Compatible with both 110 voltage and 220 voltage. Ships with standard North American plug
• Eyeball shade has a 5" diameter, overall projection is 11" at maximum extension (with the shade pointed directly away from the wall)
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
As with life, be gentle. Don't use any harsh chemicals. If left untouched, brass will darken and develop a patina with age. If you feel the need to brighten your brass to it's original hue, you can use a gentle metal polish. I recommend a product called Brasso, which can be found at your local hardware store.
For some more in-depth information, check out my website (roughluckstudio.com) there is a whole super-nerdy blog post about caring for natural brass :)
I work hard to keep the lead-times listed on Etsy as up to date as possible. You can find these at the top of the "shipping and policies" tab. Unless you are otherwise notified, your order will ship within the listed timeline.
If you are in need of a rush order, please send me a message before placing your order :)
YES! Absolutely. Common customizations include changing the cord color, the switch mechanism, or dimensions. Please shoot me a message with any customization requests prior to placing your order.
Well, okay! My fixtures are made from solid brass that is not lacquered. The brass is polished by hand, and then covered in a thin layer of artisanal microcrystalline wax (Theres a $10 word for ya). This leaves the fixture with a deep, matte luster. The brass will darken and patina with age. I absolutely love the look of naturally aged brass, but if you prefer the bright gold you can clean it up with Brasso or Barkeepers Friend every six months or so.
For more information on how to care for brass, check out my blog post here:
Thank you so much for showing me some love! Please blog about my studio - it makes me feel so good!! Buuuut, unfortunately I cannot offer free product in exchange.
Sometimes. Rush production is sometimes available for an additional 20%. If you are interested in having your items expedited, please send me a message before placing an order :)
Nov 4, 2018
Amazingly well-made, really beautiful. Swapped out the plug for a 3amp fused UK on, and works great. Fitting rated up to 250v
Jul 20, 2018
We bought the brass hooks and MaryLou plugin wall sconces and LOVE all of them!!
Mar 30, 2018
Flawless, exactly as pictured. I bought two for either side of the bed and they are perfect. They have a mid-century look to them which goes perfectly with my oak headboard. They have a solid, high quality feel to them.
Feb 27, 2018
Feb 18, 2018