I designed this modern wall sconce last summer, and it has become one of my most popular fixtures. Inspired by the clean lines of mid-century design, this fixture adds a beautiful ambient light to any room.
• Made by hand from heavy gauge natural brass. The brass is cleaned and coated in a thin layer of matte microcrystalline wax. If left untouched the brass will darken and patina beautifully. If desired, cleaning with a gentle brass cleaner will restore the original hue.
• 6" diameter handblown glass globe. Available in opal (pictured), smoke, clear, or matte opal
• Soft-wired with fabric twist cord and North American plug. In-line cord toggle switch 18" below fixture. White and sand cords get white switch and plug. Black and silver cords get black switch and plug
• Hard-wired version available - separate listing in shop
• Medium socket (e26 / e27) 60 watt max incandescent, 15 watt max LED. Bulb sold separately
• Fixture has a 6" backplate, and measures 6"W x 10.5"H x 9"D
** Orders of 10 or more may qualify for a bulk discount. Please message me prior to purchasing :)
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
As with life, be gentle. Don't use any harsh chemicals. If left untouched, brass will darken and develop a patina with age. If you feel the need to brighten your brass to it's original hue, you can use a gentle metal polish. I recommend a product called Brasso, which can be found at your local hardware store.
For some more in-depth information, check out my website (roughluckstudio.com) there is a whole super-nerdy blog post about caring for natural brass :)
I work hard to keep the lead-times listed on Etsy as up to date as possible. You can find these at the top of the "shipping and policies" tab. Unless you are otherwise notified, your order will ship within the listed timeline.
If you are in need of a rush order, please send me a message before placing your order :)
YES! Absolutely. Common customizations include changing the cord color, the switch mechanism, or dimensions. Please shoot me a message with any customization requests prior to placing your order.
Well, okay! My fixtures are made from solid brass that is not lacquered. The brass is polished by hand, and then covered in a thin layer of artisanal microcrystalline wax (Theres a $10 word for ya). This leaves the fixture with a deep, matte luster. The brass will darken and patina with age. I absolutely love the look of naturally aged brass, but if you prefer the bright gold you can clean it up with Brasso or Barkeepers Friend every six months or so.
For more information on how to care for brass, check out my blog post here:
Thank you so much for showing me some love! Please blog about my studio - it makes me feel so good!! Buuuut, unfortunately I cannot offer free product in exchange.
Sometimes. Rush production is sometimes available for an additional 20%. If you are interested in having your items expedited, please send me a message before placing an order :)
Jan 19, 2019
Great transaction! Good quality light and great communication from the seller. Replies to my questions about customization were really quick. Fast shipping too
Sep 27, 2018
beautiful light. on time and easy to work with
Sep 5, 2018
Great quality and looks amazing in our powder room. Will definitely order from this artist again.
Jul 16, 2018
So happy with these lamps! Great quality, lovely glow. And the customer service was awesome. Highly recommended!
Nov 11, 2017
Great quality fixtures — thanks!