I designed this modern wall sconce last summer, and it has become one of my most popular fixtures. Inspired by the clean lines of mid-century design, this fixture adds a beautiful ambient light to any room.
• Made by hand from heavy gauge natural brass. The brass is cleaned and coated in a thin layer of matte microcrystalline wax. If left untouched the brass will darken and patina beautifully. Regular cleaning will maintain the original hue.
• 6" diameter handblown glass globe. Available in opal (pictured), smoke, clear, or matte opal
• Soft-wired with fabric twist cord and North American plug. In-line cord toggle switch 18" below fixture. White and sand cords get white switch and plug. Black and silver cords get black switch and plug. Custom cord colors available - select 'custom' cord and mention the desired color in the checkout notes
• Hard-wired version available - separate listing in shop
• Medium socket (e26 / e27) 60 watt max incandescent, 15 watt max LED. Bulb sold separately
• Fixture has a 6" backplate, and measures 6"W x 10.5"H x 9"D
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
As with life, be gentle. Don't use any harsh chemicals. If left untouched, brass will darken and develop a patina with age. If you feel the need to brighten your brass to it's original hue, you can use a gentle metal polish. I recommend a product called Brasso, which can be found at your local hardware store.
For some more in-depth information, check out my website (roughluckstudio.com) there is a whole super-nerdy blog post about caring for natural brass :)
I work hard to keep the lead-times listed on Etsy as up to date as possible. You can find these at the top of the "shipping and policies" tab. Unless you are otherwise notified, your order will ship within the listed timeline.
If you are in need of a rush order, please send me a message before placing your order :)
YES! Absolutely. Common customizations include changing the cord color, the switch mechanism, or dimensions. Please shoot me a message with any customization requests prior to placing your order.
Well, okay! My fixtures are made form solid brass that is not lacquered. The brass is polished by hand, and then covered in a thin layer of artisanal microcrystalline wax (Theres a $10 word for ya). This leaves the fixture with a deep, matte luster.
Thank you so much for showing me some love! Please blog about my studio - it makes me feel so good!! Buuuut, unfortunately I cannot offer free product in exchange.
Sometimes. Rush production is sometimes available for an additional 20%. If you are interested in having your items expedited, please send me a message before placing an order :)
Jul 16, 2018
So happy with these lamps! Great quality, lovely glow. And the customer service was awesome. Highly recommended!
Nov 11, 2017
Great quality fixtures — thanks!
Jun 29, 2017
These sconces are just absolutely stunning. I purchased them with the other brass sconces with just the bulb with no globe. Matthew is an amazing craftsman! They are well worth over their price point, you can an amazing hand crafted fixture for an unbeatable price. Matthew was a little backed up at the time I placed my order and when I contacted him to check in on the status, he was prompt, attentive, polite and informative and I received that lights just a few days later. I can't say enough good things about this shop, it's owner, and these kick ass sconces. I am utterly obsessed and will be back again for future purchases! Don't miss out on these!
Mar 15, 2017
Love these lamps! They look great. Very easy installation.
Jan 13, 2017
Look wonderful, brass has a nice satin finish.