Alice is the perfect example of how simplicity can be elegant, powerful, and timeless. Constructed of solid unlacquered brass, this sconce will stand the test of time.
• Constructed by hand in NYC from solid brass, which will patina beautifully with age and love
• UL listed porcelain socket accommodates a medium based bulb (sold separately)
• Swivel mechanism tilts 90 degrees and rotates 340 degrees, allowing you to position the light as you need it
• Soft-wired (plug-in) fixture with fabric twist cord and bakelite plug. In-line rocker switch on cord 18" below brass backplate. Black and silver cord include black switch. White and tan cord include white switch. Custom cord color available - simple select 'custom' cord from menu and mention the desired cord color in the 'notes' section of the checkout page
• Hard-wire fixture available - see separate listing in shop
• All components are compatible with both US and UK voltage. Ships with North American plug
• Backplate measures 5" diameter
• Fixture measures 11" at maximum extension. Please note that custom dimensions are available by request (just send me a message)
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
As with life, be gentle. Don't use any harsh chemicals. If left untouched, brass will darken and develop a patina with age. If you feel the need to brighten your brass to it's original hue, you can use a gentle metal polish. I recommend a product called Brasso, which can be found at your local hardware store.
For some more in-depth information, check out my website (roughluckstudio.com) there is a whole super-nerdy blog post about caring for natural brass :)
I work hard to keep the lead-times listed on Etsy as up to date as possible. You can find these at the top of the "shipping and policies" tab. Unless you are otherwise notified, your order will ship within the listed timeline.
If you are in need of a rush order, please send me a message before placing your order :)
YES! Absolutely. Common customizations include changing the cord color, the switch mechanism, or dimensions. Please shoot me a message with any customization requests prior to placing your order.
Well, okay! My fixtures are made from solid brass that is not lacquered. The brass is polished by hand, and then covered in a thin layer of artisanal microcrystalline wax (Theres a $10 word for ya). This leaves the fixture with a deep, matte luster. The brass will darken and patina with age. I absolutely love the look of naturally aged brass, but if you prefer the bright gold you can clean it up with Brasso or Barkeepers Friend every six months or so.
For more information on how to care for brass, check out my blog post here:
Thank you so much for showing me some love! Please blog about my studio - it makes me feel so good!! Buuuut, unfortunately I cannot offer free product in exchange.
Sometimes. Rush production is sometimes available for an additional 20%. If you are interested in having your items expedited, please send me a message before placing an order :)
Oct 31, 2018
Apr 18, 2016
Thanks! Extremely easy to install. Love it.