I designed the Evelyn sconce one winter when I was staying in a corporate apartment in Washington DC. The building was one of those new, modern high-rises that feel either glamorous or lonely, depending on your mood. I was inspired by the long, clean lines of the modern architecture - and I crafted the piece out of solid unlacquered brass. Over time this brass will darken and patina, adding warmth and story to the clean and minimalist design.
• Hand crafted from solid unlacquered brass. If left untouched the brass will darken and patina with age. Regular cleaning with a gentle metal polish will maintain the original hue
• Available pointing either up or down
• All mounting hardware included - easy installation
• Fabric twist cord, in-line switch, and bakelite plug. Black and silver cord comes with black switch, white and sand cord comes with white switch. Switch is on cord 18" below brass wall plate
• Custom cord color available. Select custom from drop-down menu, and mention your desired color in the 'notes' section of the checkout page
• Hard-wired fixture also available. See separate shop listing
• UL listed medium socket. 60 watt max incandescent, 15 watt max LED or CFL
• 5" diameter wall plate. 14" H x 5" W x 5" D
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
As with life, be gentle. Don't use any harsh chemicals. If left untouched, brass will darken and develop a patina with age. If you feel the need to brighten your brass to it's original hue, you can use a gentle metal polish. I recommend a product called Brasso, which can be found at your local hardware store.
For some more in-depth information, check out my website (roughluckstudio.com) there is a whole super-nerdy blog post about caring for natural brass :)
I work hard to keep the lead-times listed on Etsy as up to date as possible. You can find these at the top of the "shipping and policies" tab. Unless you are otherwise notified, your order will ship within the listed timeline.
If you are in need of a rush order, please send me a message before placing your order :)
YES! Absolutely. Common customizations include changing the cord color, the switch mechanism, or dimensions. Please shoot me a message with any customization requests prior to placing your order.
Well, okay! My fixtures are made form solid brass that is not lacquered. The brass is polished by hand, and then covered in a thin layer of artisanal microcrystalline wax (Theres a $10 word for ya). This leaves the fixture with a deep, matte luster.
Thank you so much for showing me some love! Please blog about my studio - it makes me feel so good!! Buuuut, unfortunately I cannot offer free product in exchange.
Sometimes. Rush production is sometimes available for an additional 20%. If you are interested in having your items expedited, please send me a message before placing an order :)