A few years ago I fell in love with a brass eyeball sconce at a cute vintage shop in downtown Manhattan. Of course, it was insanely expensive - over eight hundred dollars. I set out to make a pair for myself, adding an antique-replica cord so that I could easily install them in my rental without doing any electrical work. The design has gone through many iterations; I have obsessed over the proportion, the lamping, and the finish, and the result is a perfect little plug-in lamp (if I do say so myself).
• Handmade in my NYC studio from solid heavy-gauge brass. If left untouched the brass will deepen and patina with age.
• Swivel mechanism pivots and rotates, allowing you to point the light just where you need it.
• Antique-replica fabric twist cord is available in four colors, shown in the final photo. The photography all shows the "sand" cord.
• Blind mounting system, so no visible screw heads (can you tell I'm obsessed with details?). Steel mounting bracket, screws, and wall anchors included.
• In-line toggle switch located on the cord 18" below the backplate. Custom switch placement is available free of charge - simply mention the desired switch placement in the checkout notes.
• E26 Porcelain UL socket. LED G16.5 or R14 bulb recommended.
Eyeball Shade: 5" (12.7cm) diameter
Backplate: 4" (10cm) diameter
Depth: 10" (25.4cm) overall depth
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
As with life, be gentle. Don't use any harsh chemicals. If left untouched, brass will darken and develop a patina with age. If you feel the need to brighten your brass to it's original hue, you can use a gentle metal polish. I recommend a product called Brasso, which can be found at your local hardware store.
For some more in-depth information, check out my website (roughluckstudio.com) there is a whole super-nerdy blog post about caring for natural brass :)
I work hard to keep the lead-times listed on Etsy as up to date as possible. You can find these at the top of the "shipping and policies" tab. Unless you are otherwise notified, your order will ship within the listed timeline.
If you are in need of a rush order, please send me a message before placing your order :)
YES! Absolutely. Common customizations include changing the cord color, the switch mechanism, or dimensions. Please shoot me a message with any customization requests prior to placing your order.
Well, okay! My fixtures are made from solid brass that is not lacquered. The brass is polished by hand, and then covered in a thin layer of artisanal microcrystalline wax (Theres a $10 word for ya). This leaves the fixture with a deep, matte luster. The brass will darken and patina with age. I absolutely love the look of naturally aged brass, but if you prefer the bright gold you can clean it up with Brasso or Barkeepers Friend every six months or so.
For more information on how to care for brass, check out my blog post here:
Thank you so much for showing me some love! Please blog about my studio - it makes me feel so good!! Buuuut, unfortunately I cannot offer free product in exchange.
Sometimes. Rush production is sometimes available for an additional 20%. If you are interested in having your items expedited, please send me a message before placing an order :)